Saturday, September 22, 2012

Future Simple (Will)





Form
  • Positive: Subject + will + verb 1 (present form of the verb) 
  • Negative: Subject + will + not + verb 1
  • Question: Will + subject + verb 1?


Usage


Will (future simple) is used to talk about: 

a. future facts

For examples, 
  • Sokha will be 20 in December. 
  • The sun will rise at 6:00 am.
ករណីទី ១-- យើងប្រើ Will ដើម្បីបង្ហាញ ពីអ្វីដែលជា ការពិត នៅអនាគតកាល។ 

b. a general prediction, or an assumption
 
For examples,
  • Everything will be fine. (Prediction)
  • There will be 20 million people in Cambodia in 2020. (Prediction)
  • That will be Sopheak at the door. (Assumption)
ករណីទី ២-- យើងប្រើ Will ដើម្បីធ្វើការព្យាករណ៍ (ឬធ្វើការទស្សន៍ទាយ) ឬ ក៏ធ្វើ ការប៉ាន់ស្មាន ពីអ្វីដែលអាចកើតឡើងនៅពេលអនាគត ដោយគ្មាន ឬ ពឹងផ្អែកលើភស្តុតាង នាពេលបច្ចុប្បន្ន ណាមួយ ។​ ​(លក្ខខ័ណ្ឌស្រដៀង​គ្នាសូមមើល Be going to)។

c. a spontaneous decision (you decide to do something at the time of speaking) 

For examples, 
  • Hold on. I'll get a pen. 
  • We will see what we can do to help you. 
  • Maybe we'll stay in and watch television tonight. 
ករណីទី ៣-- យើងប្រើ Will ក្នុងករណីដែល យើង ឬ អ្នកនិយាយ សម្រេចចិត្ត​ធ្វើអ្វីមួយភ្លាមៗ ដោយ​​គ្មានគ្រោងទុកជាមុន ពោលគឺសម្រេចចិត្ត ធ្វើអ្វីមួយនៅពេលកំពុងនិយាយ។

d. a promise 

For examples,
  • I won't tell anyone your secret. 
  • I'll be there at 7 p.m., I promise. 
  • I will finish my report later today. 
ករណីទី ៤-- យើងប្រើ Will ដើម្បី និយាយពី​ ឬ បង្ហាញពី ការសន្យា ក្នុងការធ្វើ អ្វីមួយ នៅ​ពេល​អនាគត។ 

e. an idea of willingness (voluntary actions): offers/requests, invitation, threat … 

For examples, 
  • Will you help me move this heavy table? (a request) 
  • A: I'm really hungry. 
  • B: I'll make some sandwiches. (an offer) 
  • We have a party next week. Will you join with us? (invitation) 
  • Stop that or I will call the police. (threat) 
ករណីទី ៥-- យើងប្រើ Will ដើម្បីនិយាយពី​ សកម្មភាពដែលមានលក្ខណៈស្ម័គ្រចិត្ត ឬតាំងចិត្ត ដូចជា ការស្នើ ការផ្តល់ឲ្យ ការអញ្ជើញ និង ការគំរាម​កំហែង ជាដើម។ 

f. first conditional sentences 

For examples, 
  • If it rains tomorrow, I will stay at home.
  • If my father doesn't buy me a bike for my birthday, I will be very unhappy. 
  • If I arrive late, I will call you. 
ករណីទី ៦-- យើងប្រើ Will នៅក្នុង First Conditional (ក្នុង Main clause)។