Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Joke: Bob and Boss





by Teng Sam An


Bob knocks on the door and enters his boss's room.

Bob: Boss! Are you available for 10 minutes?

Boss: Sure! Can I help you, Steve?

Bob: Well, Boss! Have you been aware of the fact that the living costs is increasing, prices of all commodities are going up, and more people are in tough situation now?

Boss: Yes, I have always been following up the trend. The economy is in recession and the inflation is quite high. You have a good knowledge of economy, Steve! 

Bob: Well, Boss! I don't want to talk about the fact that I am good economics. Hmmm... I want you to review my salary.

Boss: Ah, I couldn't get your point earlier. Well, can you tell me why you deserve pay rise?

Bob: I am confident that I deserve it, Boss. I have been in the company for several years. I have been working hard since the start. I've got little increase for the last few years. And you know, I've also got more workload, and worked longer hour recently. More importantly, I have spent all my weekends to get another degree.... and I have done last month.

Boss: Well, Bob! It is hard to consider your proposed idea. You know.... You are same as others; they have the same qualities and performance as you have mentioned. However, I am so pleased to have you with us. I have noticed a good thing from you. Do you know what is it?

Bob: Er.... I have no idea. I think I have already told you earlier. What is it?

Boss: Aha! The best qualities that you have had are that you've asked for little salary, worked with plenty tasks and workload, never left the office early, and worked in such a stressful condition. ;-)

Bob: Then......... !!!!!!


No comments: